Provide the following information for service to your new business
- $50 membership deposit plus $30 service charge, plus applicable taxes
- Consumer Deposit: The deposit for a new commercial account will be determined by a load study conducted by the cooperative. In lieu of a deposit for a commercial account, members/applicants may acquire and provide to the cooperative a letter of credit from a reputable financial institution equal to the amount of the required deposit. The cooperative reserves the right to refuse a letter of credit from a financial institution that the cooperative determines not to be reputable.
- Application for commercial or business accounts
- Social security number or tax identification number
- United States government-issued photo identification
- Nearest neighbor's name and address
- What kind of service? 100 or 200 amp service
- Heated square feet
- Right-of-Way easement signed by landowner(s)
The easement must be printed on legal-sized paper and notarized
- Refer to the Line Extension Policy for information on construction charges.
- Dixie Electric does not supply temporary meter poles
- Accounts in Forrest, Jones, or Covington counties need a Flood Plain Permit from their respective county
- Before applying for service, contact the E-911 coordinator in your county to establish your 911 address
- Depending on the size of the service, a contract may be required
- Mark water and sewer lines if down. Call Mississippi 811 for the location of utilities
Mississippi One Call Law: All persons preparing to dig must call Mississippi 811 or utilize the online E-locate system two days prior to the beginning of any work. Underground facilities will be marked using the color code system, and then work may proceed.