Dixie Electric Power Association is an electric cooperative that is owned by the members it serves. One of the seven cooperative principles is concern for community. Dixie Electric’s employees and members are involved in the local community.
Here are a few examples of Dixie Electric’s support for the local community.
- United Way of the Pine Belt Region and Southeast Mississippi
- Each year, Dixie Electric conducts a campaign for its employees. United Way supports local agencies that care for the citizens for Dixie Electric’s seven county service area.
- American Cancer Society
- The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy and service. Dixie Electric hosts a golf tournament to support the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. Relay is an annual all-night fundraising event, reminding individuals that cancer never sleeps.
- United Blood Services
- Dixie Electric hosts blood drives at each of its office locations throughout the year. Donating blood equals saving a life.
- Local Schools
- Dixie Electric’s service area includes 40 schools, including elementary, middle and high schools. At the beginning of the school year, Dixie Electric makes a donation to each of them. This gift is in lieu of giving money or buying advertisements for numerous school activities.