What is prepaid metering?
- Prepaid metering is a pay-as-you-go electric service. You pay in advance for the electricity you will be using.
How can I check my prepaid balance and make payments?
- Online at www.dixieepa.com. Click My Account.
- Download the free SmartHub app available to IOS and Android devices.
- Calling any office: Laurel 601.425.2535; Petal 601.583.1131; Waynesboro 601.735.2072
- Visiting one of our three office locations: Laurel, Petal and Waynesboro
Are low balance notifications sent?
- Yes. Once you reach three days or less for your estimated use, you will be notified by email, text or phone.
How often do I need to make payments?
- That is up to you. Payments may be made daily, weekly or monthly as long as a credit balance is maintained.
Am I subject to late fees?
What if I don’t receive a notification?
- You are responsible for notifying Dixie Electric of any changes to your contact information and for checking your prepaid balance.
What happens when my credit is $0 or below?
- Power will be disconnected once your account no longer has a credit.
If I am disconnected, how can I get reconnected?
- Payment will need to be made in order to have a minimum of -$25.00 credit balance.
Are there any fees to reconnect if I am disconnected due to non-payment?
- No. There are no reconnect fees associated with prepaid accounts.
Does Dixie Electric have a separate rate for prepaid?
- No. The billing rate is the same as the standard one.
How are prepaid members billed?
- Prepaid is billed and updated daily.
- You will not receive a monthly billing statement.
What is the cost to start prepaid?
- $50 membership, $30 connect fee and a minimum of $25 towards electric credit.
What if I receive a payment pledge for energy assistance?
- Pledges will be applied once received by Dixie Electric.
Can I choose to be moved to standard billing at any time?
- Yes. Dixie Electric will require full payment and will require a deposit (based on your credit) as a condition of continued service.