Dixie Electric Power Association is an electric cooperative that is owned by the members it serves. Our employees and board members not only work in the local communities; they live here. They can be found in our communities coaching little league, serving on various boards, and working to improve their communities through different clubs and organizations. One of the seven cooperative principles that we live by is concern for community. When it comes to putting this principle into action, our employees shine bright! Through events like Stuff-a-Bucket food drives; Salvation Army Bell Ringing; Touch-a-Truck; School Safety Demonstrations; volunteering in local food pantries; our annual Charity Golf Tournament; and fundraisers benefiting the Batson Children's Hospital, our employees volunteer countless hours both as Dixie Electric representatives and in their personal lives. Ultimately, we were created by the community, for the community. Our goal is to empower our community through giving back.
Here are a few examples of Dixie Electric’s support for the local community.
- United Way of the Pine Belt Region and Southeast Mississippi
- Each year, Dixie Electric conducts a campaign for its employees. United Way supports local agencies that care for the citizens for Dixie Electric’s seven county service area.
- Vitalant Blood Services
- Dixie Electric hosts blood drives at each of its office locations throughout the year. Donating blood equals saving a life.
- Local Schools
- Dixie Electric’s service area includes 40 schools, including elementary, middle and high schools. At the beginning of the school year, Dixie Electric makes a donation to each of them. This gift is in lieu of giving money or buying advertisements for numerous school activities.
- For more information, visit myelectriccooperative.com/community